There are certain things you may not be aware you need to do before you make your move, here is a friendly reminder.
1. Go to the doctor and get a check-up, including your teeth.
2. Fill all of your prescriptions.
3. Check to see if your cell phone provider is available in your new city.
4. Minimize your wardrobe. Throw away anything that you have not worn in the past 3 months.
5. Forward your mail to your new address. If you do not have one yet, forward your mail to a friend’s house.
6. Choose a simple, easy to maintain hairstyle because you do not know how long it will take to find a hairdresser.
7. Throw away all of your shoes that are old and worn out.
8. Buy a new pair of comfortable sneakers for exploring the city by foot.
9. Gather your birth certificate, social security card, passport and identification cards. Put them in a safe place.
10. Buy new underwear. Throw away all underwear that are more than a year old.
11. Check to see if your bank has a branch in your new city.
12. Spend a day exploring your current city as a tourist to say goodbye.
Leave a Reply