Moving to any city will be a lot smoother if you know as much about the city as you can possibly know. There are certain things you need to know before you move and there are plenty of creative ways to find the answers.
1. Hop on websites like Craigslist.com to get a general idea of what price ranges the local housing is going for.
2. Join social media sites and find interest groups related to your new city. Join them and ask questions.
3. Place a status update on your social media sites to ask if anyone knows anyone already living there.
4. Check prices for buses, trains and planes to see which is most affordable.
5. Look for companies in the area that you may want to live. Call and introduce yourself and ask if there are any openings available. Be bold. Do it.
6. Read the city’s local newspaper to find out any big changes or occurrences happening in your new city.
7. Find vloggers on Youtube who have chronicled their journey in videos and watch them.